Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It Had Nothing to do With Jesus

So I've been thinking a lot lately about all that happened to me at the end of my time as a youth minister and even when I think I'm over all of the hurt I get upset again. I couldn't fall asleep the other night because I got stuck and could not stop thinking about hurt I still am. It really did hurt not being believed or forgiven, or treated like a child of God that made one mistake on a long career of nothing but good things. Then I heard this morning on the morning show on static radio something that really hit me. Steve was talking to a listener who is struggling with being a Christian because of some things that happened to him in the past and Steve said something along the lines of yeah christians suck sometimes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, and Jesus is what it's all about. Boom!!! 2x4 to the head, Jesus had nothing to do with the way I was treated by imperfect people. My faith is in Jesus, not the imperfect people who make up his church. It really is unfortunate that people forget what forgiveness truly is, because that is how so many people are hurt by the church and walk completely away from a faith they have had for a long time. Over the last two and a half years I have struggled with my faith because of what happened, but now I realize all of that had nothing to do with who Jesus is and how much he loves me and cares for me. It doesn't really matter what people think about who I am as long as I am pleasing God in all I do and say.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn! So good to see you blogging again...I always enjoyed reading it! It was really great to see you guys when Nate and Rach were here. Would love to do coffee sometime=)

    ReplyDelete